The boom in New Zealand's dairy industry has increased the demand for high-quality structures that meet the needs of modern farmers.
Steel Shed Systems has plenty of experience in designing and building milking and feeding platforms to suit individual site, and herd requirements. Choose from one of our tried and tested existing designs, or talk to us about how we can accommodate your own unique needs.
Our pre-engineering process removes the guesswork from your design and sets up a realistic budget. We can keep things simple, or give you cleverly-designed, partitioned spaces to provide separate clean and secure dairy, plant and office areas - it's all down to your own requirements.
As with all our buildings, any cow shed we build you is made to last, surpasses all national building code requirements, and is designed to survive the harshest foreseeable New Zealand weather conditions.
Features and design options include:
- Clear spans up to 35m wide
- Up to a 10m stud height
- Custom design available
- We work directly on site and with dairy plant companies' design requirements
- Feed out pads designed and economically built
- Enclosed purlins and portals to eliminate bird nesting areas
- Spacious, practical designs
- Various cladding options on offer
- Unlimited colour options
- Fast speed of erection covers your plant quickly and reduces costs
- High tensile steel
- Easy-clean, high-pressure washable
- All resources used are 100% locally made
- Our sheds are made using the latest design and engineering technology
- 10 year structural warranty